A few months ago I (and some friends) visited those lovely tropical islands, the United Kingdom. We had some great times climbing rocks in Wales and Cornwall and realy enjoyed the scenery. We also visited some friends we made along the road (Some tourpromotors, Venue owners etc. from the time I still had a good band going!) One of those friends is Marv from Boston, Lincolnshire. He’s got a great family and a great place to hang out and have some BBQ & Booze in the garden. (and ofcourse some Discharge or Cock Sparrer blasting from the little Ipod!) People that know that lovely place of Boston knows that they have a little Saturdaymarket, and that market has also a little recordstand with about 500 records and a few 7”’s. Going thru all the stuff I bought some Dickies Records, some SLF & Splodge 7’s, and even some cool Iron Maiden stuff for only 1 to 4 pounds! What a bargain and what a beautiful day. Then my eye catches this single I was familiar with, but didn’t bring the NWOBHM Encyclopedia so I had to recall from what I knew about that band: CAMARGUE – Howl of the Pack. The single and cover looked excellent but the price was 40 pounds so I left it. 10 days later back home it was still in my mind so I looked on the net and ofcourse in the Malc MacMillan book, mmmm….. maybe I should have bought it! Damn! The only copy for sale was on Gemm for $250,-. I contacted Marv (who was planning a trip to Amsterdam last week but couldn’t come over because of a broken arm of his daughter) and asked him if he could look if it was still there the next Saturday, not only it was there but he managed to get 10 pounds of the price. GOOD MAN! Since he didn’t came here he mailed it to me and it just arrived…. So enjoy this one with a story. CHEERZ!!




Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten